Skip to Content Skip to Global Navigation Bar
Examination Guide Guide for International graduates

Guide for International graduates

Procedure for overseas university recognition review

  • Application for overseas university recognition review (Applicant -> KHPLEI)
  • Review and result report by the Credential Committee for International Graduates
    (KHPLEI -> Ministry of Health and Welfare)
  • Notification of the review results
    (Ministry of Health and Welfare -> KHPLEI)
  • Notification of the review results
    (KHPLEI -> Applicant)
  • International graduates who wish to take the national examination in Korea must be eligible to do so.
  • The overseas university recognition review is conducted to assess the eligibility of the international graduates to take the examination. If their schools are "recognized" in the review, the applicants will be eligible to take the examination, whereas if the result is "non-recognized", they will not be eligible to take the examination.
  • The notice of the overseas university review is announced on the website(Korean).
  • Only those who graduated from an overseas university with a major in the related field of study (medicine, nursing and others) and have acquired a license (renewed and valid) issued from the country they have acquired the degree in may apply for the review.
Documents to be submitted for the application of the review
  1. 1. A copy of the license (must be renewed and valid)
  2. 2. A copy of college diploma original graduation certificate
  3. 3. Score transcript (in the case of a transfer, must include score transcripts from all previous universities)
  4. 4. Certificate of Entry and Exit Records - may be issued from the immigration office in Korea or community centers
  5. 5. Curriculum
  6. 6. Syllabus - documents including educational goals, learning contents, and teaching time of courses completed for the major
  7. 7. School regulations - must include provisions regarding admission, transfer, graduation and approval of credits
  8. 8. School prospectus - must include the current status on the full-time lecturer, faculty, and facilities for clinical skill(or practical skill) training, etc.
  9. 9. Documents related to licensing system - evidence of the country's licensing system
  10. 10. Application form for overseas university recognition review(KHPLEI form)
  11. 11. A basic status table of school(KHPLEI form)
  12. 12. Agreement to Collection, Use, and Provision to Third Party of Personal Information(KHPLEI form)
  13. 13. Checklist of documents must be submitted for overseas university recognition review(KHPLEI form)
  14. 14. Other documents that attest to the eligibility to take the examination
  • Documents mentioned in above ①~③ need to be confirmed by Apostille (for countries that signed onto the Apostille convention) and then translated into the Korean language and notarized before submitting
    • Apostille certification: This confirms that the document was issued in the certifying country. Please contact the administrative organization responsible for foreign affairs in the country regarding the procedures.
    • For countries that are not signatories to the Apostille convention, the documents need to be verified by a consul in the diplomatic mission of the applicable country in Korea (an embassy or consulate), and translated into the Korean language and verified before submitting.
  • Documents in ⑤~⑨ need to be translated into the Korean language and then notarized before submitting.
  • If the original document is in English, translation can be omitted.
  • The form of ⑩~⑬ can be find on the Koeans website.